Official rules for FMC-Film Music Contest
1. FMC is intended for all music composers from different parts of the world without age or national restrictions.
2. The contest for songs is open to original author’s works and must not infringe any copyright or third-party rights.
3. You can enter any number of compositions into the competition by filling in the online form, paying the entry fee and uploading the composition in the registration form.
All entry fees from the contest help support new Children and Youth musical talents, future composers and activities for them organized by the non-profit GONG art company.
4. An author who wants to register more of their compositions, has to fill out a registration form for each of them and pay a fee for each.
5. Compositions and songs, will be accepted exclusively in mp3 format with full details of the song and authors in the registration form.
6. Music composition with a maximum duration of 6 minutes can be submitted to the contest. If your composition is longer, please, shorten it to the required total time in minutes before registering with FMC. For films maximum duration of 10 minutes. (if you have not received a confirmation email after the registration you are obliged to report it to the organizer).
7. All properly registered compositions meeting the basic competition criteria and rules will be delivered to the FMC jury panel. The jury will be made up of international members and experts from the music and film industry.
8. After the registration deadline the jury will select 7 finalists, and then will determine which among them is the absolute winner of the competition grand prize. You can find more information about the prize for the absolute winner here:
9. The jury and the main organizer of the contest reserve the right not to award first place in any of the categories of the contest, if the quality requirements are not met and if the evaluation criteria are not fulfilled. In this case, the jury will only reward the second and third place.
10. The following applies to all music compositions and original compositions in the contest: The contestant is the sole owner of the composition and he or she also owns all copyrights to it. Submitting a composition to the contest will in no way affect and change this fact
11. You are the sole owner of the rights of your music composition. However, it is prohibited to share the contest films with your music to third parties or upload it online to video platforms such as Youtube, Vimeo, private or public websites etc. The film in the contest is available solely for contest purposes. Any sharing outside the contest without the permission of the authors of the film is an infringement of the copyright.
12. The registered contestant will receive the most important information and news on the FMC from the competition organiser at their mailing address, which will serve as the main communication channel. In the event of a win or progression to the final round, they will be contacted at this address. Therefore, it is in the contestant’s interest to check and monitor the competition reports.
13. By signing in the competition, the contestant agrees to respect and follow the competition rules and its revisions and also to respect the competition organisers and accept the results and judgments of the jury, which are firm and binding.